Sunday, January 1, 2012

Making the Nation Stronger: A New Year's Resolution?

What?


Hello and welcome, this is the beginning, the seed, the small idea, the Siu Nim Tao. I have been looking for various way to share my thoughts, photos, videos, workouts, meaningful and even meaningless ideas... I have settled on blogger.

This is my New Year's Resolution, this being January 1st, 2012, with year of the dragon just around the corner, it seemed appropriate to start my new blog right now.

Wa Ha Jun Hung Fung is the name of the new blog. Sigung Moy Yat was asked by Sitai Gung Yip Man to carve the most important Kuen Kuit, or martial sayings, into a priceless set of chops. The Ving Tsun Chops were so important, they were actually stolen from the family for a short time, until they were "given" back, a story of legend that you may hear some time if you treat me to a good dinner. Now they are safely stored away back with the Moy family .

As I was saying, the Kuen Kuit are an important piece of Ving Tsun history, they could be considered the manual or textbook for Ving Tsun Kung Fu. Sigung Moy Yat was known to give these Kuen Kuit sayings to his most loved disciples. One of the Kuen Kuit that my Sifu received from Sigung was Wa Ha Jun Hung Fung or "Making the Whole Nation Stronger". My understanding of its old meaning, was that it used to say "Making the Han Nation Stronger".

Anyway....

---Vyvial Sifu
We are all alone in this together
Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

3 comments:

Thank you so much.